I've grown up amongst some of the best hunters in the state of Maine. My father, uncles and grandfather's have all had a tradition or harvesting monster whitetail bucks all over this great state with many field dressing well over 200 lbs. The Sportsman's Alliance of Maine, an excellent group, gives out patches for specific hunting accomplishments in harvesting animals. These patches are then often times sewn onto a hunters jacket to proudly represent a prior successful accomplishment. The "Biggest Bucks in Maine Club" patch is given out to any one who harvests a deer that field dresses over 200 lbs. I was fortunate to get my first patch at the age of 14 years old and to this day I wear my wool jacket with that patch sewn on it with so much pride. But the patch that in my opinion is the ultimate accomplishment and representation of true woodsman-ship, sportsmanship and respect for natural resources is the patch that reads "Registered Maine Guide". My Uncle John has been a guide for years, harvesting dozens of monster bucks, bears, moose and other animals through out his impressive hunting career. You can easily say that not only hunting but also guiding is in my blood, it comes from my heart and it is something that ever fiber of my being is excited to start doing. My Uncle's most amazing accomplishments, in my opinion, have been running a successful camp for years as an outfitter taking people out into the great woods and ensuring their safety. Bringing people into the woods and teaching about the lay of the land and the wonderful resources available is something that I would not only enjoy, but would fuel my soul and really give me a true satisfaction of life. I look forward to the day of taking people into the woods tracking down that monster buck on snow, calling in a 50'' bull moose, spotting and stalking a large black bear, telling a youngster were to place a fly in a stream while fishing as well as telling stories, sharing food and drink along with making lifelong friendships at camp.
I hope one day to possibly take YOU on an adventure out into the great woods of Maine!
Take care and remember, shoot straight and shoot often.

No comments:
Post a Comment