Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Olympics

Well, well, well look at that. Did we or did we not kick ass in the Olympics this year? And you know what? I'M SO HAPPY ABOUT IT. I hear so much in my day to day that we are slipping, losing ground, we are not the best country in the world, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH. I really wish any person who actually felt that way would just leave this country I love so much and go to some place that they think is so amazing and wonderful. They would be back in a day. Sure it's cool to visit Mexico, or some tropical place. But do you really want to live with the Cartel all around? I didn't think so. Do our schools need work? Some of them do, but that's a whole other can of worms for another day. The one thing that is still alive today in this country is the American Dream. All the people who are doing well I know of including myself did so because we worked our asses off and put ourselves in positions to be successful. We didn't sit on the sidelines and wait for someone to throw us a bone and then be upset and complain and government, unfairness, the rich taking all the money and all they other pathetic cries you hear from people today who just simply don't want to help themselves. We are the greatest country in the world but our people have too much "entitlement pride". You hear in high schools all over the country "I won't flip burgers, I won't do this or what". Let me tell you something, the kids who bust their ass doing those summers jobs while others are laying in the sun wanting something better but not doing anything about it are going to be the ones calling the shots some day. Make something of the opportunities available to you in this country. Don't be a victim of your environment should it be a bad place to grow up. Break the molds, work hard in classes and prove anyone who said you couldn't do what you dream of wrong. Do you think our Olympic champions got to the top of the world in their event by waiting for someone to hand them an opportunity? I don't think so. Our current President said nothing has been made in this country by one person, that essentially someone helped you along the way. That may be true, but that doesn't mean we should be letting people do our work for us. So get out of bed and dominate what ever task, work, practice, event, tour, drive or thing that you have going on today. The fact that you are alive, breathing, and on the internet and reading my redneck BS vent sessions shows just how fortunate you are. God bless us all, and God bless the United States of America.

No comments:

Post a Comment